By James Arnold,Roberta Wiener
The influence of the chilly conflict remains to be being felt all over the world this present day. This insightful single-volume reference captures the occasions and personalities of the period, whereas additionally inspiring severe considering this still-controversial period.
• numerous analytical essays by way of well known historians, plus eighty five extra A–Z reference entries approximately conflicts, incidents, leaders, and issues
• 35 examples of correct fundamental resource files, together with speeches, treaties, coverage statements, and letters, reminiscent of the Marshall Plan and Winston Churchill's "Iron Curtain" speech
• a close chronology of significant occasions that happened earlier than, in the course of, and after the chilly War
• various maps and pictures of key leaders and events
• A entire bibliography of print resources
Read or Download Cold War: The Essential Reference Guide: The Essential Reference Guide PDF
Similar russian history books
This ebook examines the Russian conquest of the traditional significant Asian khanates of Bukhara and Khiva within the 1860s and 1870s, and the connection among Russia and the territories till their extinction as political entities in 1924. It indicates how Russia's method built from considered one of non-intervention, with the first objective of stopping British enlargement from India into the area, to at least one of accelerating intervention as alternate and Russian cost grew.
Because the finish of the chilly battle there was an elevated curiosity within the Baltics. The Baltic States brings jointly 3 titles, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, to supply a entire and analytical consultant integrating background, political technology, fiscal improvement and modern occasions into one account.
Like different majority Muslim areas of the previous Soviet Union, the republic of Dagestan, on Russia's southern frontier, has develop into contested territory in a hegemonic pageant among Moscow and resurgent Islam. during this authoritative e-book the prime specialists on Dagestan offer a direction breaking examine of this unstable kingdom faraway from the world's gaze.
Stalin, to borrow Churchill’s word, is “a riddle wrapped in a secret inside of an enigma”. There are nonetheless heated arguments approximately how accurately we should always pass judgement on the Georgian pupil priest who grew as much as be one of many twentieth century’s such a lot infamous mass-murderers. This owes a lot to the enormity of the crimes, as Claire Shaw says during this brief yet chilling ebook in regards to the guy and the political procedure that constructed lower than his rule: Stalinism.
- Reconsidering Stagnation in the Brezhnev Era: Ideology and Exchange
- MARIA and ANASTASIA: The Youngest Romanov Grand Duchesses In Their Own Words (The Russian Imperial Family: In Their Own Words Book 2)
- Implementing International Environmental Agreements in Russia (Issues in Environmental Politics MUP)
- The Affirmative Action Empire: Nations and Nationalism in the Soviet Union, 1923-1939 (The Wilder House Series in Politics, History and Culture)
- From the Cincinnati Reds to the Moscow Reds: The Memoirs of Irwin Weil (Jews of Russia & Eastern Europe and Their Legacy)
- Oil Imperialism: The International Struggle for Petroleum: Volume 4 (Routledge Library Editions: The Economics and Politics of Oil and Gas)
Extra resources for Cold War: The Essential Reference Guide: The Essential Reference Guide
Cold War: The Essential Reference Guide: The Essential Reference Guide by James Arnold,Roberta Wiener