By David Newton
This accessibly written booklet introduces readers to DNA—one of an important applied sciences for the manipulation of all different types of lifestyles, from basic micro organism to crops and animals. It additionally addresses crucial social, moral, political, financial, and different concerns raised by way of this type of technology.
• presents a fascinating and readable creation to the subject of DNA know-how that permits anyone—even readers with a minimum history in science—to comprehend the technological know-how and know-how desirous about a lot of cutting-edge key social issues
• deals a completely up to date model of the data and themes first provided within the profitable first variation of this book
• provides an in depth variety of reference fabrics that come with a longer annotated bibliography and huge endnotes
• encompasses a records and knowledge bankruptcy that offers excerpts from very important legislation, lawsuits, executive reviews, and different fundamental sources
Read or Download DNA Technology: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues) PDF
Best genetics books
Fruit flies are "little individuals with wings" is going the asserting within the medical neighborhood, ever because the of completion of the Human Genome undertaking and its revelations concerning the similarity among the genomes of alternative organisms. it truly is humbling that the majority signalling pathways which "define" people are conserved in Drosophila, the typical fruit fly.
This compelling new ebook covers crucial revolution because Darwin—how state-of-the-art genetic technological know-how will quickly let us accelerate and remodel our personal evolution, and the ethical offerings we needs to make as we enhance, modify, or even replica ourselves. in truth that, beforehand, human evolution has been incredibly sluggish.
Identified world-wide because the typical introductory textual content to this crucial and interesting region, the 7th version of Gene Cloning and DNA research addresses new and starting to be components of study while maintaining the philosophy of the former variants. Assuming the reader has little previous wisdom of the topic, its significance, the foundations of the ideas used and their functions are all rigorously laid out, with over 250 sincerely offered four-colour illustrations.
Chemokines, the most recent quantity within the equipment in Enzymology sequence, maintains the legacy of this ideal serial with caliber chapters authored via leaders within the box. This quantity covers examine tools in chemokines, and contains sections on such issues as chemokine detection utilizing receptors, monitoring mobile responses to chemokines, reputation of GAG-bound chemokines, and the construction of chemokine receptor complexes for structural and biophysical reviews.
- Maternal Influences on Fetal Neurodevelopment: Clinical and Research Aspects
- Pain Genetics: Basic to Translational Science
- Management of Prader-Willi Syndrome
- The New Alchemists: The Risks of Genetic Modification
- Cell Therapy: cGMP Facilities and Manufacturing
- GeneRisk: Systemische Risiken der Gentechnik: Analyse von Umweltwirkungen gentechnisch veränderter Organismen in der Landwirtschaft (Umweltnatur- & Umweltsozialwissenschaften) (German Edition)
Additional resources for DNA Technology: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues)
DNA Technology: A Reference Handbook, 2nd Edition (Contemporary World Issues) by David Newton