By Virender K. Sharma,Steven E. Rokita
Explains the position of reactive intermediates in organic platforms in addition to in environmental remediation
With its transparent and systematic strategy, this ebook tested the vast diversity of reactive intermediate that may be generated in organic environments, detailing the elemental houses of every reactive intermediate. Readers achieve a latest realizing of ways those intermediates react with diversified compounds, with an emphasis on amino acids, peptides, and proteins. the writer not just units forth the elemental chemistry and nature of reactive intermediates, he additionally demonstrates how the houses of the intermediates offered within the ebook evaluate with each one other.
Oxidation of Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins starts with a dialogue of radical and non-radical reactive species in addition to an exploration of the importance of reactive species within the surroundings, disinfection procedures, and environmental remediation. subsequent, the booklet covers such issues as:
- Thermodynamics of amino acids and reactive species and the impact of metal-ligand binding in oxidation chemistry
- Kinetics and mechanisms of reactive halogen, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon, sulfur and phosphate species in addition to reactive high-valent Cr, Mn, and Fe species
- Reactivity of the species with molecules of organic and environmental importance
- Generation of reactive species within the laboratory for kinetics studies
- Oxidation of amino acids, peptides, and proteins via permanganate, ferryl, and ferrate species
- Application of reactive species in purifying water and treating wastewater
With this booklet as their advisor, readers can be capable of verify the final results of reactive intermediates in organic environments. in addition, they’ll the way to practice this information for profitable water purification and wastewater treatment.
Read Online or Download Oxidation of Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins: Kinetics and Mechanism (Wiley Series of Reactive Intermediates in Chemistry and Biology) PDF
Similar organic chemistry books
Elastomers and rubberlike fabrics shape a severe part in diversified purposes that variety from tyres to biomimetics and are utilized in chemical, biomedical, mechanical and electric engineering. This up-to-date and improved variation presents an effortless advent to the actual and molecular innovations governing elastic behaviour, with a selected specialize in elastomers.
This specific booklet, drawing at the author’s lifetime adventure, severely evaluates the wide literature at the box of Metal-Catalysed Reactions of Hydrocarbons. Emphasis is put on response mechanisms related to hydrogenation, hydrogenolysis, skeletal and positional isomerisation, and trade reactions.
After the overpowering good fortune of 'Asymmetric Synthesis - The Essentials', narrating the colourful heritage of uneven synthesis, this can be the second one variation with newest topics and authors. whereas the purpose of the 1st version used to be typically to honor the achievements of the pioneers in uneven syntheses, the purpose of this new version was once bringing the present advancements, specially from more youthful colleagues, to the eye of scholars.
The sequence subject matters in Heterocyclic Chemistry provides severe studies on current and destiny tendencies within the study of heterocyclic compounds. total the scope is to hide issues facing all parts inside of heterocyclic chemistry, either experimental and theoretical, of curiosity to the overall heterocyclic chemistry group.
- Handbook of Metathesis, Volume 3: Polymer Synthesis
- Organic Chemicals in the Environment: Mechanisms of Degradation and Transformation, Second Edition
- Selectivity in the Synthesis of Cyclic Sulfonamides: Application in the Synthesis of Natural Products (Springer Theses)
- Studies in Natural Products Chemistry: Bioactive Natural Products (Part M)
Extra resources for Oxidation of Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins: Kinetics and Mechanism (Wiley Series of Reactive Intermediates in Chemistry and Biology)
Oxidation of Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins: Kinetics and Mechanism (Wiley Series of Reactive Intermediates in Chemistry and Biology) by Virender K. Sharma,Steven E. Rokita