By Nantawan B Lewis
- the heritage of violence skilled by way of American Indian girls in the course of colonization and knowing that ahead of this time, sexual violence didn't exist in American Indian societies
- how the United States’colonization of Thailand is at once regarding sexual violence this present day opposed to ladies, that is expressed within the kind of the booming intercourse in addition to the AIDS epidemic
- how poverty within the Philippines has made girls and kids second-class voters who needs to make
the final sacrifice and promote their our bodies and their souls to surviveRemembering Conquest offers you a special spiritual standpoint with reference to violence opposed to girls to enlighten you as to how faith can unknowingly aid or prevent a woman’s therapeutic. you'll find find out how to help spiritual groups in rediscovering new interpretations in their religion traditions and develop into an ethical and moral resource of liberation for girls, equivalent to protecting perpetrators of abuse answerable for their activities and never insinuating that the abuse sufferer should be “helped” by way of faith indirectly. Compelling and informative, Remembering Conquest offers you principles to assist convey therapeutic and tool to ladies who suffer injustices by means of reinterpreting religion traditions.
Read or Download Remembering Conquest: Feminist/Womanist Perspectives on Religion, Colonization, and Sexual Violence PDF
Best aging parents books
In diesem Band werden Altersbilder in zwei wichtigen gesellschaftlichen Teilbereichen untersucht: im Gesundheits- und Pflegewesen und in der Wirtschaft. Die Studien zum Gesundheitswesen untersuchen die Auswirkungen der Altersbilder von Professionellen und der im approach institutionalisierten Altersbilder auf die gesundheitliche Versorgung älterer Menschen.
"This is the easiest booklet i have ever learn on Alzheimer's sickness . . . Ms. Snyder's paintings teaches us a deep appreciate for the distinctiveness of every person with Alzheimer's ailment, and that the main profound method to research is to pay attention. "—Robyn Yale, LCSW, writer of Counseling individuals with Early-Stage Alzheimer’s ailment, scientific Social employee, and advisor to the Alzheimer's Association"After years of considering, analyzing, writing, and talking approximately Alzheimer's, i am confident that the right way to comprehend what it sounds like to have Alzheimer's ailment is to hear the real experts—people with Alzheimer's.
Vocational discernment, says R. Paul Stevens, is a lifelong technique — one who takes on much more importance in later existence. during this booklet Stevens argues that our calling doesn't finish with formal retirement; on the contrary, we do good to maintain on operating, if attainable, until eventually life’s finish. Stevens delves into issues of calling, spirituality, and legacy in retirement, displaying that we needs to proceed to determine our vocation as we get older to be able to stay meaningfully engaged for the remainder of our lives.
Getting cash is straightforward, the more durable job is retaining it. much more tricky is shifting wealth to the subsequent iteration. A small team of ultra-rich households, often called Legacy households, use a family-first, values-centered blueprint to effectively move wealth. Legacy family members making plans is the innovative property making plans software and is the simplest saved mystery to create an enduring legacy.
- Energy Metabolism and Lifespan Determination: 14 (Advances in Cell Aging and Gerontology)
- Neuroanatomy and Pathology of Sporadic Alzheimer's Disease (Advances in Anatomy, Embryology and Cell Biology)
- Locomotion and Posture in Older Adults: The Role of Aging and Movement Disorders
- Cardiac Management in the Frail Elderly Patient and the Oldest Old
- End of Life Care for People with Dementia: A Person-Centred Approach (University of Bradford Dementia Good Practice Guides)
Extra resources for Remembering Conquest: Feminist/Womanist Perspectives on Religion, Colonization, and Sexual Violence
Remembering Conquest: Feminist/Womanist Perspectives on Religion, Colonization, and Sexual Violence by Nantawan B Lewis