By John J. Regazzi
It in particular covers 4 key themes:
- the price of scholarly content material and data at a variety of phases of it improvement and use;
- the function that expertise has performed at the use, significance, and price of scholarly details and study communications;
- the altering company versions affecting the approach of scholarly conversation from how it is produced to the way it is shipped and ate up; and
- some of the consequences of cellular, cloud, and social computing applied sciences at the way forward for scholarly communications.
Attention is paid to interpreting the structural adjustments that the pro publishing neighborhood now faces. Regazzi examines examine content material as an financial sturdy; how expertise and enterprise versions have enormously affected the worth of scholarly publishing; and the drivers of the long run sustainability of our method of scholarly communication.
Read Online or Download Scholarly Communications: A History from Content as King to Content as Kingmaker PDF
Similar publishing & books books
In academia, the chant “publish or perish” is greater than a cliché. In such a lot humanities fields, securing tenure proves very unlikely with no no less than one ebook lower than your belt. but regardless of the most obvious value of educational publishing, the method is still an enigma to so much younger students. during this beneficial consultant, a professional writer bargains crucial suggestion for amateur educational writers looking book.
Together with finished insurance on either print and on-line, shopper and unfastened magazines, journal modifying seems to be at how magazines paintings and explains the twin function of the journal editor. John Morrish and Paul Bradshaw contemplate the editor either as a journalist, having to supply details and leisure for readers, and as a supervisor, anticipated to steer and supervise effectively the advance of or periodical.
Die Studie ist die erste wissenschaftliche Untersuchung über die Geschäftstätigkeit Georg von Holtzbrincks vor 1948. Die von ihm betriebenen Firmen waren eher unbedeutend. Das Geschick, mit dem Holtzbrinck sich dieser Instrumente experimentell bediente, verweist jedoch bereits auf den späteren Konzernstrategen.
Jap comedian books have attracted a loyal worldwide following. within the renowned press manga is expounded to have "invaded" and "conquered" the USA, and its good fortune is held up as a essential instance of the globalization of pop culture demanding American hegemony within the twenty-first century.
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing a Memoir (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
- Robert Russell Bennett: A Bio-Bibliography (Bio-Bibliographies in Music)
- The Perilous Trade: "Book Publishing in Canada, 1946-2006"
- Orchestral Music: A Handbook
- Early Printed Books As Material Objects (IFLA Publications)
- From Idea to Print: How to Write a Technical Book or Article and Get It Published
Extra resources for Scholarly Communications: A History from Content as King to Content as Kingmaker
Scholarly Communications: A History from Content as King to Content as Kingmaker by John J. Regazzi