By Christian Jones,Shelley Byrne,Nicola Halenko
Successful Spoken English demonstrates how spoken learner corpora can be utilized to outline and discover the elements of winning spoken English. Taking the technique that language newbies can communicate successfully when nonetheless utilizing a few non-standard types, this book:
- Examines databases of transcribed speech from freshmen at each one varied CEFR point to examine what makes a winning speaker of English;
- Discusses positive aspects of communicative competence, together with using linguistic strategies, organisation of extended stretches of speech, and sensitivity to context;
- Demonstrates quantitative and qualitative information research utilizing corpus instruments, components equivalent to notice frequency;
- Helps to think again the pursuits of language inexperienced persons and lecturers, and gives thoughts for instructing perform and for additional research.
Successful Spoken English is key analyzing for postgraduate scholars of TESOL and utilized Linguistics, in addition to for pre- and in-service English language teachers.
Read or Download Successful Spoken English: Findings from Learner Corpora (Routledge Applied Corpus Linguistics) PDF
Best linguistics books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Sprachwissenschaft / Sprachforschung (fachübergreifend), notice: 2. zero, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin (Institut für Romanistik), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In dieser Arbeit beschäftige ich mich mit der Textanalyse, einem wichtigen Bereich der Sprachwissenschaft.
This white paper is a part of a chain that promotes wisdom approximately language know-how and its power. It addresses educators, reporters, politicians, language groups and others. the provision and use of language expertise in Europe varies among languages. accordingly, the activities which are required to extra help learn and improvement of language applied sciences additionally vary for every language.
Translation reviews and linguistics were facing a love-hate dating because the Fifties. This ebook assesses each side of the connection, tracing the very genuine contributions that linguists have made to translation reports and whilst spotting the constraints of a lot of their techniques.
Even if usage-based ways were effectively utilized to the examine of either first and moment language acquisition, to monolingual and bilingual improvement, and to naturalistic and urged settings, it's not universal to think about those other kinds of acquisition in tandem. the current quantity takes an integrative technique and exhibits that usage-based theories offer a miles wanted unified framework for the research of first, moment and international language acquisition, in monolingual and bilingual contexts.
- Democratic Policies for Language Revitalisation: The Case of Catalan (Palgrave Studies in Minority Languages and Communities)
- Language and Social Cognition: Expression of the Social Mind (Trends in Linguistics. Studies and Monographs [Tilsm])
- The Speech Processing Lexicon: Neurocognitive and Behavioural Approaches (Phonology and Phonetics [PP])
- Language Policy and Modernity in Southeast Asia: Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand: 6
- Metaphern in der Fußball-Berichterstattung im Radio und Fernsehen: Eine Fallstudie (German Edition)
Additional resources for Successful Spoken English: Findings from Learner Corpora (Routledge Applied Corpus Linguistics)
Successful Spoken English: Findings from Learner Corpora (Routledge Applied Corpus Linguistics) by Christian Jones,Shelley Byrne,Nicola Halenko