By Elizabeth H. Harris
- Provides entry to formerly unpublished information from genetic analysis
- Provides descriptions of mutant strains
- Depicts precis tables evaluating homes of alternative species and their mutant strains
- Explains precise tools for laboratory techniques of normal utility
- Furnishes comparisons of tradition media
- Presents lists of inhibitors, mutagens, and different ingredients to tradition media
- Assists with universal laboratory difficulties equivalent to illness and garage of strains
- Demonstrates protocols for laboratory demonstrations to be had for undergraduate teaching.
Read Online or Download The Chlamydomonas Sourcebook: A Comprehensive Guide to Biology and Laboratory Use PDF
Similar genetics books
Fruit flies are "little individuals with wings" is going the announcing within the clinical group, ever because the of completion of the Human Genome venture and its revelations concerning the similarity among the genomes of alternative organisms. it really is humbling that the majority signalling pathways which "define" people are conserved in Drosophila, the typical fruit fly.
This compelling new publication covers an important revolution in view that Darwin—how state-of-the-art genetic technology will quickly let us accelerate and remodel our personal evolution, and the ethical offerings we needs to make as we increase, adjust, or even replica ourselves. in reality that, beforehand, human evolution has been enormously sluggish.
Identified world-wide because the typical introductory textual content to this significant and fascinating sector, the 7th variation of Gene Cloning and DNA research addresses new and turning out to be parts of analysis while preserving the philosophy of the former variants. Assuming the reader has little previous wisdom of the topic, its significance, the foundations of the strategies used and their purposes are all rigorously laid out, with over 250 truly offered four-colour illustrations.
Chemokines, the newest quantity within the tools in Enzymology sequence, maintains the legacy of this preferable serial with caliber chapters authored via leaders within the box. This quantity covers examine tools in chemokines, and contains sections on such subject matters as chemokine detection utilizing receptors, monitoring mobile responses to chemokines, acceptance of GAG-bound chemokines, and the construction of chemokine receptor complexes for structural and biophysical reviews.
- Orthopaedic Problems in Inherited Skeletal Disorders
- Knowledge Discovery in Proteomics (Chapman & Hall/CRC Mathematical and Computational Biology)
- Genetic Suspects: Global Governance of Forensic DNA Profiling and Databasing
- Race to the Finish: Identity and Governance in an Age of Genomics (In-Formation)
- RNA Polymerase and Associated Factors, Part D: 371 (Methods in Enzymology)
Additional resources for The Chlamydomonas Sourcebook: A Comprehensive Guide to Biology and Laboratory Use
The Chlamydomonas Sourcebook: A Comprehensive Guide to Biology and Laboratory Use by Elizabeth H. Harris