By Lisa A. Kirschenbaum
Read or Download The Legacy of the Siege of Leningrad, 1941–1995: Myth, Memories, and Monuments PDF
Similar russian history books
This ebook examines the Russian conquest of the traditional vital Asian khanates of Bukhara and Khiva within the 1860s and 1870s, and the connection among Russia and the territories until eventually their extinction as political entities in 1924. It indicates how Russia's method constructed from considered one of non-intervention, with the first target of stopping British growth from India into the sector, to 1 of accelerating intervention as alternate and Russian cost grew.
Because the finish of the chilly struggle there was an elevated curiosity within the Baltics. The Baltic States brings jointly 3 titles, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, to supply a entire and analytical consultant integrating historical past, political technological know-how, monetary improvement and modern occasions into one account.
Like different majority Muslim areas of the previous Soviet Union, the republic of Dagestan, on Russia's southern frontier, has turn into contested territory in a hegemonic festival among Moscow and resurgent Islam. during this authoritative publication the top specialists on Dagestan supply a direction breaking research of this risky kingdom faraway from the world's gaze.
Stalin, to borrow Churchill’s word, is “a riddle wrapped in a secret within an enigma”. There are nonetheless heated arguments approximately how accurately we must always pass judgement on the Georgian scholar priest who grew as much as be one of many twentieth century’s such a lot infamous mass-murderers. This owes a lot to the enormity of the crimes, as Claire Shaw says during this brief yet chilling e-book in regards to the guy and the political approach that built less than his rule: Stalinism.
- The Holocaust and the Germanization of Ukraine (Publications of the German Historical Institute)
- Russian Exploration, from Siberia to Space: A History
- The Bear Watches the Dragon: Russia's Perceptions of China and the Evolution of Russian-Chinese Relations Since the Eighteenth Century: Russia's Perceptions ... Relations Since the Eighteenth Century
- Revolution and Reform in Russia and Iran: Modernisation and Politics in Revolutionary States (International Library of Political Studies)
- How to Tame a Fox (and Build a Dog): Visionary Scientists and a Siberian Tale of Jump-Started Evolution
- The Superpowers: A Short History
Additional info for The Legacy of the Siege of Leningrad, 1941–1995: Myth, Memories, and Monuments
The Legacy of the Siege of Leningrad, 1941–1995: Myth, Memories, and Monuments by Lisa A. Kirschenbaum