By Jay Blanchard,James Marshall
Even although approximately each K-12 public institution within the usa has broadband net access,
the Web’s substantial power as a instructing and studying instrument has nonetheless no longer been discovered. Web-based studying possibilities were pricey, gradual to strengthen, and time-consuming to enforce, regardless of strain on faculties to undertake expertise recommendations that would therapy their academic ills. Web-Based studying in K-12 study rooms: possibilities and demanding situations chronicles the up and downs of on-line studying and gives certain insights into its destiny, supplying a accomplished, curriculum-wide therapy of K-12 content material components (reading, technological know-how, arithmetic, social studies), distinctive schooling, counseling, digital colleges, exemplary faculties, implementation concerns, and academic net sites.
The net represents a robust, advanced set of applied sciences that gives your scholars entry to limitless knowledgebut that entry doesn’t substitute the human interactions present in school rooms. putting a scholar in entrance of a working laptop or computer display screen is a complement to lecture room studying, no longer an alternative choice to it. teachers and schooling pros handle questions surrounding the foremost matters curious about effectively incorporating the wide variety of Web-based studying possibilities (formal classes, demonstrations, simulations, collaborations, searches) into the school room, together with know-how, content material, and implementation.
Web-Based studying in K-12 school rooms examines:
- inquiry-based learning
- on-line interaction
- showing scholar paintings online
- web accessibility for college kids with disabilities
- starting up university counselors into e-learning technologies
- the function of presidency in digital schools
- Web-based faculties in California, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Texas
- a 13-category category approach for on-line academic resources
- the ATLAS version for application implementation
- reviews of greater than 1,000 items of on-line details (articles, learn, reviews, information, and facts) and 900 net purposes (tutorials, drills, video games, and exams) with evaluate criteria
Web-Based studying in K-12 study rooms is an important source for educators attracted to on-line studying functions around the K-12 curriculum.
Read or Download Web-Based Learning in K-12 Classrooms: Opportunities and Challenges (Computers in the Schools) PDF
Best internet books
This booklet is a part of the Packt Beginner's consultant sequence. Written in a fascinating type, it bargains step by step examples with screenshots at key steps and transparent rationalization of what's occurring in every one job. This booklet is written for either newbies and builders who are looking to examine this multi-platform programming language to construct internet functions from scratch.
Optimieren, Testen, Conversions generieren touchdown Pages optimieren und Gewinne steigern Schwachstellen Ihrer site aufdecken und die richtigen Elemente testen Wichtige Besucherklassen und Conversion-Aufgaben definieren Zahlreiche Fallstudien und praktische Strategien Aus dem Inhalt: Die sieben Todsünden der Landing-Page-Gestaltung Diagnose von Website-Problemen Denkweise und Gefühle Ihrer Website-Besucher verstehen Maßnahmen zur Verbesserung der Conversion Erfolgsrezepte für alltägliche Fälle: Homepages, Navigation, E-Commerce-Kataloge, Registrierung, cellular web pages Testen: Strategie, Technik, Vorbereitungen A/B-Split-Tests und multivariate Testverfahren corporation und Planung: groups zusammenstellen, Aktionsplan aufstellen Fehler vermeiden Wie viel Geld verlieren Sie, weil Ihre touchdown web page schlecht gestaltet ist?
Every little thing we do on-line, and more and more within the actual international, is tracked, logged, analyzed, and infrequently packaged and offered directly to the top bidder. at any time when you stopover at an internet site, use a bank card, force at the highway, or move earlier a CCTV digicam, you're logged and tracked. on a daily basis billions of individuals decide to percentage their information on social media, that are then bought to advertisers.
Discusses the evolution of WHOIS and the way coverage adjustments will have an effect on WHOIS’ position in IT at the present time and within the futureThis ebook offers a entire evaluation of WHOIS. The textual content starts with an advent to WHOIS and an in-depth insurance of its forty-year historical past. Afterwards it examines how you can use WHOIS and the way WHOIS suits within the total constitution of the area identify process (DNS).
- Internet of Things: Principles and Paradigms
- Customer Loyalty Management für kleine und mittelständische Unternehmen: Erfolgsfaktoren der Kundenloyalität anhand kundenbindender Best-Practice-Maßnahmen (German Edition)
- Optimization of Manufacturing Systems Using the Internet of Things
- Programmed Instruction in Online Learning
- Managing Digital Governance: Issues, Challenges, and Solutions (ASPA Series in Public Administration and Public Policy)
- Social Bots in Bezug auf neuronale Netze (German Edition)
Extra resources for Web-Based Learning in K-12 Classrooms: Opportunities and Challenges (Computers in the Schools)
Web-Based Learning in K-12 Classrooms: Opportunities and Challenges (Computers in the Schools) by Jay Blanchard,James Marshall